Carly Fiorina is running for president and until Thursday night, she was not very well known to the average voter. This all changed when she won the first Republican debate on Thursday afternoon in a landslide. Mrs. Fiorina has lived an exceptional life and is among the GOP’s most exceptional candidates.
Born in Austin, Texas in 1954, Carly Fiorina grew up the daughter of a judge and an artist. She attended schools around the world, from London to Ghana to North Carolina, and because of this has a unique perspective of the world that other candidates don’t. She has worked as a secretary, taught English in Italy, and run the largest computer manufacturing company in the world. Mrs. Fiorina has Bachelor Degrees in philosophy and medieval history from Stanford, a Master of Business Administration in Marketing from the University of Maryland, and a Master of Science in Management from MIT. She is one smart and accomplished lady. Here is a list of five reasons that Carly Fiorina is over-qualified to be President of the United States of America.
- Leadership- Fiorina was CEO of Hewlett Packard from 1999-2005, becoming the first woman to lead a Top Twenty company in the United States. During her tenure, Fiorina directed the merger between HP and Compaq. This made Fiorina the head of the largest computer manufacturer in the world. Doesn’t it stand to reason that she can grow an economy and conduct strong negotiations with other countries?
- States(wo)manship- As Mrs. Fioriana has stated many times, she has personal relationships with many world leaders. She specifically cites her strong friendship of Isreali Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. She will use these strong relationships and her experience as an executive in the private sector to make good deals with other countries around the world. She will stand with Israel and reinstate the sanctions on Iran, who Mrs. Fiorina states are at the heart of our problems in foreign relations.
- Counter-Terrorism- Mrs. Fiorina is concerned with protecting our land from terrorism. During August 6th’s First Debate, Mrs. Fiorina said that she is open to using public information on social media cites to root out home-grown terrorism. To be clear, this public information collection would not be the same as the collection of private phone, email, and internet search records, but a public threat against the United States of America. Carly Fiorina has no problem stopping threats against the country.
- Tough as Nails- Carly Fiorina beat breast cancer. ‘Nough said.
- Courage- Carly Fiorina is not afraid of Hillary Clinton and she has made that abundantly clear. Good. We need more of that. As I watch Mrs. Fiorina more closely, I notice one thing about her more than everything else. She is not afraid of anybody. In an era of political correctness, good manners, and the status quo it is refreshing and inspiring to see someone like Mrs. Fiorina stand up to the establishment and win. We need a courageous leader and that’s exactly what Carly Fiorina will be.
Part one of a seventeen part series exploring why to vote for each of the Republican nominees.
The Republican Debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH0h1jOVqZs
The Voter’s First Forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPJpLfDlMhc